Whether you’re trying to lure your children into eating a bit more fruit, or just looking for ways to cool everyone down, these summer fruit ice blocks are a delicious rainbow pop.
Watermelon and fruit ice blocks (makes 6)
- 275g watermelon, peeled and deseeded
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled
- Place the watermelon in a jug and blend until smooth using a stick blender.
- Pour the purée into 6 ice block moulds, insert ice block sticks and freeze for 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, blend the kiwifruit until smooth using a stick blender.
- Remove the ice from the freezer and pour the kiwifruit purée on top of the watermelon. Freeze again for 2–3 hours, or until completely frozen.
PINEAPPLE & STRAWBERRY ICE BLOCKS (makes 6)
- 100ml pineapple juice
- 100g strawberries, sliced
- Pour the pineapple juice into the base of 6 ice block moulds and freeze for 1 hour.
- Insert the sticks into the semi-frozen juice and place two slices of strawberries in each mould.
- Place the remaining strawberries in a jug and blend until smooth using a stick blender. Pour the purée on top of the strawberry slices and freeze for 2 hours, or until completely frozen.
Recipes from Annabel Karmel’s Fun, Fast and Easy Children’s Cookbook ($32.99)