- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 banana shallots, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 80g baby spinach
- 275g yellow and red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g gnocchi 150g crème fraîche
- 50g Parmesan, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- 3 tbsp fresh basil leaves
- Place the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and red pepper and fry for 3–4 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the garlic and fry for 10 seconds. Add the spinach and tomatoes and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi according to the packet instructions. Drain well.
- Add the crème fraîche to the pan with the vegetables and bring to a simmer. Immediately remove from the heat, add the gnocchi, Parmesan and basil, season lightly with salt and pepper and toss together.
- Serve in bowls with more Parmesan sprinkled over the top.
Recipes from Annabel Karmel’s Fun, Fast and Easy Children’s Cookbook ($32.99)