Seasonal pumpkin, rice and broccoli balls that the kids will love by Chloe Moir.
Ingredients 1/2 butternut pumpkin 1 tsp curry powder 1/2 tsp salt 1 Tbsp olive or coconut oil 1/2 cup cooked basmati rice 1 broccoli 1/2 cup grated cheese
Did you know
Pumpkin has great nutritional benefits including vitamin C for a strong immune system and vitamin A for eye health and vision. Pumpkin is also lower in carbohydrates than potato.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Slice the skin off the pumpkin and chop into bite-size pieces.
3. Put the pumpkin on the tray, drizzle with the oil, curry powder and salt. Mix well.
4. Arrange the pumpkin in a single layer and bake, turning halfway through cooking, for 25 minutes or until soft and caramelised. Remove from the oven and set aside until cool enough to handle.
5. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
6. Add the broccoli and the pumpkin and mash together until well combined. Add the rice and cheese and season. Mix to incorporate.
7. Dollop teaspoon-sized balls of mixture onto the lined tray.
8. Bake the balls, turning halfway through cooking, for 30 minutes or until golden brown.