Nutritionist Chloe Moir shares a recipe for honey, oat and sultana cookies you can make with your little chefs.
Honey, oat and sultana cookies
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup sultanas
Fact: Honey is slightly higher in calories than sugar, but with its other benefits like antioxidants make a preferable sweetener based on its nutritional profile.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, combine the butter, honey and vanilla extract.
3. Add the oats, flour, cinnamon, and baking soda and mix to combine. Then add the raisins and fold through well.
4. Leave the mixture to sit for 5 minutes to absorb the liquid and thicken up a little before shaping the cookies.
5. Roll one heaped tablespoon of the cookie dough into a ball using your hands. Place it on the baking sheet and spread it out to about a 1cm thickness with the back of a spoon or fork. Repeat until all of the dough is used.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before carefully lifting them off with a spatula and let them cool fully on a rack. Store in a sealed container for up to 3 days.