For a healthy no sugar and no butter recipe, these mini muffins are actually very yummy and so soft. There’s a few added healthy extras too — like hemp seeds, coconut and carrot. The best part about this recipe is that it’s a one-bowl-wonder so less mess!!
Mini Muffin Ingredients
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed smooth (ripe is important!)
- 1/3 cup natural / coconut yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs coconut oil melted
- 2 Tbs honey (optional for babies over 1 or for under 1 you could do 3 dates soaked in 1Tbs hot water and whizzed smooth)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup grated carrot (smaller grate is better)
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 Tbs hemp seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Oats to sprinkle
Pro tip — freeze some and pull out for an easy morning or afternoon snack.
- Heat oven to 175C fan bake.
- Using a fork, mix all the wet ingredients into a large bowl, then add the baking soda. Then carefully mix in the carrot until JUST combined.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold the dry ingredients in and be careful not to over mix.
- Divide evenly into 24 mini muffins and sprinkle with a few oats.
- Bake the minis for 15-17mins until beginning to golden and the tops bounce back when you press on them lightly.
- Let cool before serving and store in a sealed container.
Caylie Honeycombe from @honeysfun a personal no-frills collection of delicious baby-friendly recipes.
Want more recipes?